Baby Photo Contest
Calling all 2019 babies!
Was your baby born at McMaster University Medical Centre or West Lincoln Memorial Hospital in 2018? Enter our photo contest by January 20, 2019!
Rules and Regulations
Entries will be accepted from January 7, 2019 at 12:00am to January 20, 2019 at 11:59pm. Voting commences January 21, 2019 at 12:00pm and closes January 27, 2019 at 11:59pm. A winner will be announced on January 28, 2019.
The baby in photo must have been born between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 at McMaster University Medical Centre or West Lincoln Memorial Hospital. The person submitting the photograph must be the parent/legal guardian of the baby. The baby’s first name must accompany photo.
No purchase or payment necessary to enter. You may enter only once. Multiple entries for the same child will be disqualified, even using different email addresses or photos. Entries must be submitted via the form as explained below. Each baby must have their own entry, with the exception of twins or multiple births, which may be submitted using one photo. If you are not the photographer, you must have authorization from the photographer to use the photo for this purpose.
By entering this contest, you agree to have your baby’s name and photo shared on Hamilton Health Sciences’ public channels, including our Facebook page, Twitter account, Instagram account and websites. You have the right to revoke your entry and we will do everything in our power to remove your child’s image from our public channels.
Any photo entry that infringes on the rights of any person, which is contrary to law, contains sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or determined to contain inappropriate content will automatically disqualify the entry.
By accepting a prize in this contest, winner agrees to have their child’s name and image displayed on our website and used by us for promotion of this contest without any fee or form of compensation other than the prize.
One prize is available to be won, consisting of one two-hour photo shoot featuring the baby from the winning photo within a maximum of one hour’s drive from Hamilton, Ontario. The photo shoot must occur within six months of the contest end date. If the contest winner would like to choose a venue that requires a permit fee, that fee shall be paid by the contest winner. The winner will receive a minimum of 20 high-resolution digital image files.
The photo in the Hamilton Health Sciences contest album with the most “likes” and “reactions” is the winner.
The prizewinner will be emailed at the address provided up to three times within a three day period from the contest closing. Should you fail to reply to our emails for any reason, including due to spam filtration, junk mail folders, inattention, inadvertent deletion, incorrect email address, etc., you will forfeit the prize.
How to enter
Complete and submit the contest entry form by January 20, 2019 at 11:59pm.
After the entry period closes, eligible photos will be added to a photo album on the Hamilton Health Sciences Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HamHealthSci/) by 12:00 pm on January 21, 2019 when voting commences. Voting closes January 27, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
To vote, individuals must “like” or “react” to a photo within the album. “Likes” on posts containing photos from the album do not count. The photo in the Hamilton Health Sciences contest album with the most “likes” and “reactions” is the winner.
If you are sharing the album, remind friends and family to:
• Open the contest album
• Click on the photo you would like to vote for
• “Like” or “React” to the photo
If you are sharing your photo in a post, remind friends and family to:
• Click the photo in the post
• “Like” or “React” to the photo
Hamilton Health Sciences is the sole organizer of this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
By entering this contest, I confirm that:
• I am a parent or guardian of the baby in the photo I am submitting.
• My baby was born at McMaster University Medical Centre or West Lincoln Memorial Hospital between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
• I consent to my baby’s name, photo, and description being posted publically on Hamilton Health Sciences’ website and social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
• I consent to receive email communication from Hamilton Health Sciences related to this contest.
• Voting must occur through the contest photo album (not on an individual’s Facebook post).
• If cheating or bot voting is suspected or detected, the photo in question can be disqualified from the contest without further investigation.
• The prize cannot be transferred.
• The prize must be claimed within 6 months of the winner being announced.
• The winner must consent to sharing the photographs taken during the prize photo shoot.
By entering this contest you acknowledge to having read these rules and agree to be bound by them.